Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
See? There is no best credit card. But we are happy to give you our ideas on the top credit card or cards in various categories, in order to help you choose which card is best for you:
- Check out our Low Interest Credit Cards page if your priority is a low interest rate.
- Check out our Rewards Credit Cards page if you pay off your balance each month and want a credit card with the best general reward options. (Or Cash Back Credit Cards if it’s all about the money.)
- If you have to gas up often and gas prices are getting you down, a specific Gas Credit Card might be the best card for you.
- If you have a large balance sitting on a credit card you currently own, the best credit card for you might be one that lets you park your balance at a 0% interest rate for a good long time. See our 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards page. (You might also check out cards that offer zero percent interest rates on purchases for an introductory period.)
- If you have a bad credit history, your best bet might be to check out our pages that feature decent options for Unsecured Credit Cards or Secured Credit Cards for those with bad credit.
In addition to the category lists referenced above, we at rahulgandhi also profile & review a large number of individual credit cards on today’s market. If you want our view on an individual credit card, use the site’s search box in the upper right-hand corner of the page.