If you have a personal preference for Visa credit cards over MasterCard/American Express/Discover, we’ve made this list of some of the most popular Visa credit cards on the market today:
- Chase Slate Visa – This Visa credit card does not offer rewards but could be good for those with decent credit who want a low interest rate and perhaps have a higher interest balance they’d like to transfer from another credit card. It offers a 0% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, AND there is no balance transfer fee for balances transferred within the first 60 days of opening your account, which is the most generous 0% balance transfer rate offer we know of. No annual fee.
- BP Visa – Earn discounts on BP gas based on the purchases you make with this card. Get a 15-cent discount for every $100 in BP purchases, and a 5-cent discount for every $100 in other card purchases. Swipe your card at the BP pump and you’ll see the price of a gallon of gas go down by the amount of your current discount. Discounts good on up to 20 gallons of gas in a single fill-up.
- AARP Visa – Nice cash back Visa card offers 3% cash back on gas and restaurant purchases and 1% cash back everywhere else. Also offers a 0% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months you have it.
- Amazon.com Rewards Visa – Not for everyone, but if you’re a frequent Amazon.com buyer, you’ll like it. You get points for every dollar spent on Amazon purchases with the card, 2 points per dollar at gas stations, restaurants and drug stores, and 1 point per dollar on all other card purchases. You can then use those points to pay all or some of any future Amazon purchase you make. We like the fact that you can use your points no matter how few you have, you don’t have to reach any point total in order to redeem.
- First National Bank of Omaha Complete Rewards Visa – Get 1 point per dollar charged to the card. Points can be redeemed for cash back, merchandise or travel rewards, OR you can double your points (for an effective 2% rebate) if you deposit the money into a First National checking, savings, or 529 account, or if you use it to pay down a First National mortgage.
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa – This Bank of America Visa is a nice cash back credit card. It offers 3% cash back on gas purchases, 2% back on grocery purchases, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. (Note that there is a $2500 limit on the gas & grocery rewards, after $2500 the cash back amount reverts to 1%.) If you use the card to make at least $500 in purchases within 90 days, you’ll get an extra $100 cash back. You will also get a 0% interest rate for 12 billing cycles on your card purchases as well as on any balances you transfer to this Visa from other credit cards. (Note that there is a 3% fee on transferred balances, however.) No annual fee.
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa – Visa card with unlimited 1.5% cash back on all card purchases. 0% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months you have the card.
- US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature – Cash back Visa credit card offers 1% cash back on all purchases, plus bonus cash back categories — you can choose to earn 2% on categories such as gas, groceries or drug store purchases each quarter, and you also can choose two 5% cash back categories each quarter (such as department store purchases, restaurants, etc.). You have to sign up for the bonus categories each quarter or you don’t get them. No annual fee. (Note that if you don’t qualify for this card US Bank may automatically give you an alternative Visa card that only pays a straight 1% cash back without the bonus categories.)
- Simmons Bank Visa – Visa card with a very low 7.5% APR, plus a number of other Visa cards with rewards from this smaller bank based in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
- TD Ameritrade Client Rewards Visa – Despite the name, you don’t have to be a TD Ameritrade customer to get 1.5% cash back with this Visa card. However, if you are a TD Ameritrade customer, you’ll get an extra 10% reward on your cash back (for a total of 1.65% cash back) if you deposit your cash back into a TD Ameritrade account.
- NFL Extra Points Visa – Get a Visa card that offers rewards tied to your favorite National Football League team.
- American Kennel Club AKC Visa – Earn rewards toward gift cards, merchandise, travel, etc., while a portion of your Visa purchases go to support the AKC.
- Harley-Davidson Visa – Earn points on your purchases that lead to reward cards that you can use at Harley-Davidson dealerships and stores.
- Iberia Bank Visa – Smaller bank offers Visa cards with reasonable interest rates.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa – Visa card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, with no special spending categories to worry about. Earn an extra $150 cash back by using the card for at lease $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
- Disney Visa – Earn points toward all sorts of Disney rewards. Offers a basic no-annual-fee card and a $49 annual fee card with more rewards per dollar charged.