Updated February 21, 2018 – If you have bad credit and want a credit card, it’s difficult to be approved for an unsecured credit card with no deposit required. The list below, however, features unsecured credit cards to consider even with bad credit. Approval is not guaranteed, but these are cards that either work with average to poor credit people, or have been rumored to give a second chance to those with bad credit.
- Credit One Bank® Unsecured Visa® for Rebuilding Credit – See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. 1% cash back on eligible purchases, terms apply. No deposit requirements and opportunities to build your credit. ++
Store Credit Cards
Credit cards from retail stores are often easier to be approved for on an unsecured basis, but they also usually carry very high interest rates. For example:
- Staples Credit Card – You can probably get approved for this card, which will let you stock up on office supplies at a sky-high 29.24% interest rate!
- TJ Maxx Credit Card – Another unsecured credit card but with a 28.24% APR (annual percentage rate).
- JCPenney Credit Card – May approve bad credit customers for an unsecured credit card, but the interest rate is an astounding 26.99%!
- Best Buy Credit Card – Electronics superstore offers an unsecured credit card, including a Visa or store-only credit card, but the interest rate is 26.49%!
- Macy’s Credit Card – May approve less-than-perfect credit customers, but notice the 26.49% interest rate.
- American Eagle Credit Card – Unsecured store credit card has a 25.24% or 26.24% interest rate.
- GAP Credit Card – Unsecured card that can also be used at Old Navy and Banana Republic and Athleta in addition to the GAP. Carries a 26.24% interest rate.
- Chevron / Texaco Visa – Unsecured gas credit card has a 28.24% interest rate.
++ Indicates that this site receives compensation when you are approved for this card.