- Best Cash Back Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- 0% Interest Introductory Offer Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Bad Credit: Unsecured Credit Cards and Secured Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Store Credit Cards
- College Student Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with No Foreign Transaction Fees
- MasterCard Credit Cards | Visa Credit Cards
- Ultimate Credit Card List
Get free experian credit historyWhy Your Credit History Issues.
Your credit rating is dependant on your credit history. your credit rating could be reduced by any wrong data. A credit rating that is lower may cause your rates of interest to increase or you may be refused credit. Your credit history also provides companies and previous handles. Loan-processing might slow.
A credit history is usually the very first spot identity theft is detected by individuals. You are able to decrease the harm from credit scam by frequently checking your credit.
The Difference Between a Credit Rating along with a Credit History.
Credit History is just a comprehensive background of charge cards you've applied and the loans you've obtained. They might also look on the credit history if you have had selections. For every consideration, the credit file displays present stability your transaction record, borrowing limit, the day the account was exposed, and if the account is available or shut.
Credit Rating is just a three-digit number-based around the info inside your credit history. Credit- models might element in years' number you and you 've had credit and any damaging steps or credit programs, respectively.
Key credit card statistics for the month of November, 2017:
- Average credit card interest rate: 19.68%
- Average credit card debt… Per Person: $5338.48. Per Household: $8137.53.
- Average credit card limit… Per Card: $4510. Per Cardholder: $17,795.
- Average number of credit cards per person: 3.86*
- Credit card default rate: 3.15%**
- Total consumer debt: $3.79 trillion ($1.01 trillion credit card debt)
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
Updated November 17, 2017 – Comenity Bank (formerly World Financial Network National Bank, or WFNNB) is the company behind many retail store credit cards. When you become a credit card customer of J.Crew, Victoria’s Secret, or one of their other partner retailers, you actually become a customer of Comenity Bank, because Comenity is actually issuing the card. Comenity Bank credit cards include:
Updated November 17, 2017 – The Discount Tire credit card is issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service information. Below you’ll find all of the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- If you’d like to pay your Discount Tire credit card bill online, log in to your account here to make a payment.
You probably already know this, but a 600 credit score is considered “fair” at best; many card issuers would actually put it in the bad credit category. So, your credit card options are limited. Still, there are cards that may approve you. Here are some to investigate:
Indigo® Mastercard® for Less than Perfect Credit – Pre-qualify for a card today and it will not impact your credit score. All credit histories considered. Mobile account access at any time. Fraud protection for stolen or lost cards. Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S. ++
Credit One Bank® Cash Back Credit Card – See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. 1% cash back on eligible purchases, terms apply. No deposit requirements and opportunities to build your credit. ++
Updated November 16, 2017 – Instant approval credit cards can be defined in two different ways:
1. You get approved today and can instantly begin using your new credit line. (Yay! No waiting!)
2. You get approved today but don’t get the card until later. (Not bad.)
Apply and Use Your Card Today
If your idea of instant approval means you get to start making purchases the same day you apply, your best option is store-branded and catalog credit cards. Many retail stores are so eager to sign you up they will get you approved while you are standing at the checkout counter (or sitting at your computer).
Fingerhut Credit Card ++ – Internet/catalog retailer offers instant credit approval and shopping on the same day for most customers. Has a long history of working with people who’ve had “credit challenges in the past.” You can finance items today from its extensive catalog of clothing, electronics, home furnishings, more.
Updated November 16, 2017 – The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit card bill online, log in here to make your payment.
Updated November 16, 2017 – Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony you will interact with when it comes to paying your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance.
Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- To access your account and make a Walmart credit card payment online, you can log in here.
The Uber Visa credit card is issued in partnership with Barclaycard, and it is Barclaycard you will interact with in order to pay your Uber credit card online, by mail, or by phone, and also to get customer service assistance. All of the information you need to accomplish any of these tasks is below:
- To pay your Uber Visa card bill online, log in to your account at Barclaycard and make a payment.
Updated November 15, 2017 – If you have bad credit and want a credit card, it’s easy to get a secured credit card with an annual fee, but more difficult to be approved for an unsecured credit card with no fee. The list below features unsecured credit cards you might apply for even with bad credit. There is no guarantee of approval, but these are cards that either work with average to poor credit people, or have been rumored to give a second chance to those with bad credit.
- Indigo® Mastercard® for Less than Perfect Credit – Pre-qualify today without an impact on your credit score. Helping consumers with limited or damaged credit make a fresh start for over 12 years. Prior bankruptcy is OK. Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S. ++
- Fingerhut Credit Card – Internet/catalog retailer with a long history of working with people who’ve had “credit challenges in the past.” Offers an unsecured credit card to let you finance items from its extensive catalog of clothing, electronics, home furnishings, more. ++
Commonly thought of as simply the “GM Card,” there are actually 3 GM credit cards available, 2 for consumers and 1 GM business credit card. Our overview / review of available GM credit cards, along with links to apply via online or offline applications, is below:
- The flagship BuyPower Card from Capital One is what most people would think of as “the GM Card.” It gives you a 5% rebate on the first $5000 in card purchases each year and 2% back on all purchases after that — the rebate dollars can be used toward the purchase of a new Chevy, GMC, Buick or Cadillac car. There is no limit to the amount you can earn and no limit to the amount you can use toward a new GM vehicle. Points don’t expire, so you can collect them without fear of losing them. There is no annual fee, and your interest rate will be either 13.9%, 17.9%, 20.9%, or 23.9%, depending on your credit history. You can apply via this online application.
If you are a holder of the QVC QCard credit card and want to make a payment online or by mail, or need customer service help, you will go through QVC’s issuing partner, Synchrony Bank (formerly known as GE Capital Retail Bank). All of the info you’ll need is below:
- If you’d like to pay your QVC credit card bill online, go here to log in and make a payment. If this login does not work, sign in here instead.
Updated November 14, 2017 – Below are basic consumer debt numbers for the past 20 years, as reported by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, often simply referred to as “the Fed.” These numbers are for total outstanding debt, then broken down by revolving debt (mainly credit card debt) and non-revolving debt (auto loans, student loans, boat loans, etc.). Note that traditional mortgage debt is NOT included in these numbers; mortgage debt is reported separately.)
Current year numbers are reported based on each quarter or month, while past years are reported based on the outstanding debt at year-end:
- Most Current, ending September, 2017 (preliminary numbers, subject to later revision): — Total Outstanding Debt: $3.79 trillion, Revolving Debt: $1.01 trillion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.78 trillion
- 2nd Quarter (ending June 30, 2017): Total Outstanding Debt: $3.74 trillion, Revolving Debt: $992 billion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.74 trillion
- 1st Quarter (ending March 31, 2017): Total Outstanding Debt: $3.69 trillion, Revolving Debt: $980 billion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.71 trillion
Below is the info you need to pay your Capital One credit card bill either online or offline, plus information on how to reach Capital One customer service. (NOTE: If you’ve reached this page via a search engine, you are NOT on Capital One’s site; do not ask us for info on your account!)
- If you want to pay your Capital One credit card bill online, log in here to make a payment.